An open-source Android app that provides colorful live wallpapers with auto dark mode and an efficient parallax effect. The wallpapers are based on the doodle live wallpapers of the Google Pixel 4. They are completely rewritten, nothing except the look is taken from the original.
You can visit the GitHub page to see the full source code of this app.
• Stunning wallpaper designs and Pixel feeling
• System dependent dark mode
• Power-efficient parallax effect on page swipe
• Optional zoom-in animations
• Direct boot support (immediately active after device restart)
• No ads and no analytics
Advantages over original Pixel 4 live wallpapers
• Less power consumption (no permanent animations or gyroscope sensor requests, no 3D engine)
• Improved text contrast (dark text for light themes instead of white text with shadow)
• Support for Android 11 zoom effect and optional zoom-in animation when unlocking
• Various customization options
• Tiny installation size
• Rendering works well even on less powerful devices (very efficient rendering engine)
Doodle Android requires at least Android 6 Marshmallow on your device. The app will work properly on devices without any Google service installed.
You need to turn on background scrolling in your launcher’s settings if you have disabled it before to make parallax effect work.
Some launchers don’t support background scrolling at all, like Samsung’s TouchWiz. As a solution, please try installing another launcher.
No permissions required.